Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: The Way it Ought to Be, chapter 6

October 09, 2016 01:31AM

She is rather blind what will wake her up? Gossip of his upcoming betrothal? She should stew and boil and get to understand her wishes before she finds out that the gossip is about her too.

Now that's a very interesting idea. winking smiley

Micha:

Ah, wonderful! This has exceeded expectations in every way, especially in how delightfully sweet it got at the end <3

Thank you!

Janet:

I'd say Elizabeth is on her way to figuring herself out. Not there yet, but you have written her thoughts (and the way she can laugh at herself) in a most delightful way. Thanks!

Oh, you've got to give a girl time to fall in love! Certainly, I think Darcy would be very happy if he knew how quickly her heart was inclining toward him.

Nadia:

Thank you for another lovely chapter! I like the pace the action is taking although I still hope for some act of passion from Mr. Darcy's side. Well, maybe when Elizabeth realize that she is in love too and let him know. I think she is almost there being envious as she is.

I'm sure Darcy would love to commit some act of passion, but he doesn't dare right now.

jancat:

This story is all things wonderful and witty and smart. Thank you.

Thank YOU. Writing Austen's characters I always try, but, as Elizabeth says, it's hard to judge one's own performance.

LauraM:

Oh, yes, things are beginning to warm up between these two. I loved Elizabeth's story about painting the pictures in her father's Lakes Book!! I also love how Elizabeth is becoming a shade jealous! Great story - looking forward to these two meeting up at Pemberly? I wonder if they will find themselves at the top of a staircase together sometime? Laura M.

Well, they'll get to Pemberley, but perhaps not at the point you're thinking of. Somehow I always kinda forget about Pemberley, I don't know how that is.

Gioia:

I'm impressed at how much you showed us about the conflict between the two men, without actually giving us eyes in the room. It made me think of how film buffs talk about the shark in Jaws being possibly more frightening when it wasn't seen than when it was. In your case, it was impressive how much awful, painful turmoil you conveyed through that second- and third-hand account.

What a great compliment! It can tricky, sometimes, trying to keep to the third person limited perspective, and I did want to give a sense of what happened between the two men without directly narrating it. I'm glad I succeeded.

Tessa:

I like this chapter: Bingley's readiness to forgive and forget his friend's transgression, the conversations between two intelligent people becoming increasingly at ease with one another and Elizabeth's growing attachment to Darcy. More please, soon.

That's a good way to describe it. Thanks, Tessa, I always appreciate your compliments!

gio:

It's so pleasing to see Lizzy falling bit by bit for Darcy. And Darcy is always around her when she least expected it LOL. Everything is looking good, and I can't help but wonder when is Wickham going to rear his ugly head??

Being a part of the London season is helping him in this case, since they are often together socially, and he can be around her without it seeming like a big thing. As for Wickham, I'm afraid he's rather ineffective in this story. He does have his uses, though. smiling smiley

Shannon:

Oh, Elizabeth. Darcy is somehow supposed to divine precisely how much attention she wants from him on a particular occasion and deliver, every time. Her expectations are impossible. As much as I laughed at their exchange about the Lake District book, these two have a long, long way to go.

To be fair, she does know her expectations are impossible, which is why she laughs at herself for them. She's not seriously offended when he doesn't come up to scratch--but it shows how much she's coming to care about him, what he does, and how much attention he pays her. She's certainly not indifferent any more! They do have a long way to go, though, you're right.

Lizzy S:

Love it. You catch more flies with honey. Let her get used to your presence and then slowly back off a little. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and a bit jealous.

He would probably be so happy to know he could make her jealous!

Thanks, everyone!
SubjectAuthorPosted

The Way it Ought to Be, chapter 6

Suzanne OOctober 07, 2016 06:44PM

Lucy J.October 09, 2016 05:44AM

KathyOctober 09, 2016 03:52AM

Suzanne OOctober 09, 2016 01:31AM

SarahC.October 09, 2016 12:34AM

Suzanne OOctober 09, 2016 01:04AM

AlidaOctober 09, 2016 02:50AM

LizzySOctober 08, 2016 08:13PM

Shannon KOctober 08, 2016 07:48PM

gioOctober 08, 2016 04:49PM

Tessa LOctober 08, 2016 04:17PM

GioiaOctober 08, 2016 07:46AM

Laura M.October 08, 2016 05:05AM

jancatOctober 08, 2016 02:19AM

NadiaOctober 07, 2016 09:55PM

JanetROctober 07, 2016 08:30PM

MichaOctober 07, 2016 08:13PM

Maria VOctober 07, 2016 07:51PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 2?