Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: Gentlemen of Gloucestershire: Chapter 9

October 07, 2021 03:24AM
It's a doozy of a chapter, so glad you're enjoying it, even with the anxiety (and I must warn, there is more to come in the next few installments, stay tuned!) General Tilney is Not A Nice Man(TM) under the best of circumstances, so it's not surprising he's on the rude side tonight (I laughed at your growl, and yes, Brutus might bare his teeth a bit too). Unfortunately his temper's not about to improve any time soon, so it's going to be tough times ahead for our heroes.

Thank you for sharing the story of Captain De Lancey, I had not heard of it, and I'm always interested in new aspects of history to learn about. We do always have to remember that accounts as we have passed down were often more polished or less raw than might be presented in another day and era, so sometimes I wonder if some people were as "refined" in their gut reactions as they're recorded. Still, there's also the habit of a lifetime that builds up, of always keeping to a certain language and expression.

Henry-as-Orpheus is something that kept gnawing at me last year in weird ways, and I actually wrote a whole story about it that I posted here and on my blog ("Husbandry"), not knowing if anyone else would get the references, and yet amazing some did besides me.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Gentlemen of Gloucestershire: Chapter 9

MichelleRWOctober 05, 2021 12:30AM

Alicia MOctober 12, 2021 07:22PM

MichelleRWOctober 13, 2021 12:20AM

Mary L.October 06, 2021 03:58AM

MichelleRWOctober 07, 2021 03:24AM

MichelleRWOctober 05, 2021 12:56PM

Shannon KOctober 05, 2021 03:51AM

MichelleRWOctober 05, 2021 01:04PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 17?