Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: Crawford, Chapter 10 - complete

July 11, 2022 01:55AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This was an excellent story! I also want to thank all who commented in detail. I did not have time to do that, but it increased my appreciation and reading pleasure.
I am glad Mary had the insight and wisdom to break off the engagement. If Edmund had done it, no doubt she would have caused him more pain by abusing him for it.
I find it so fascinating that there are so many different ways of reinterpreting and rewriting the story while still being faithful to the basic characters of the people involved, whether that means repenting too late but not changing behaviour (as in this story), or repenting and growing in character, better behaviour and understanding (as in Amelia Marie Logan's story).
I am only sorry that there was no description of the scene where Edmund and Fanny change from their relationship as cousins to one of lovers. Austen was not explicit about that either!
SubjectAuthorPosted

Crawford, Chapter 10 - complete

Suzanne OJuly 10, 2022 03:21PM

EvelynJeanJuly 12, 2022 04:11AM

JessyJuly 11, 2022 09:15AM

Steph DJuly 11, 2022 03:20AM

AlidaJuly 11, 2022 01:55AM

KarenteaJuly 10, 2022 06:19PM

BeclynJuly 10, 2022 09:02PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 19?